The Pre conference meeting was held on October, 28th 2015 with TNAI executives and the members of the Bel-Air College of Nursing. Review and discussion regarding the 3 day schedule from October 29th, 2015 through October 31st, 2015 was discussed in detail.
Theme : “Clean and Healthy India, Nurses’s concern”
The day-wise description is given as follows;
Thursday: October 29th, 2015
- Registration of delegates began by 8:00 AM. A total of 664 students and 86 teachers totaling to 750 delegates from 39 institutions from overall Maharashtra state attended the conference.
- For scrupulous use of space and convenience of the delegates the main conference venue was used for the display of the exhibits [Poster Presentation] from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. There were 11 categories for the poster display with a total of 167 posters presented.
1. At 9:00 AM On Spot Painting – 29 contestants participated.
2. Poetry Competition – 24 contestants participated. (6 – Hindi, 13 – Marathi and 5 – Hindi)
- At 10:00 AM Health Education competition was conducted at Dr. Abdul Kalam Memorial Hall. There were 26 participants who used creative ideas to display their health education.
- Judging to the exhibits [Poster Presentation] was done from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
- Election of the SNA Office bearers took place in the Library of the Bel-Air College of Nursing from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
- Personality Contest was conducted from 4:30 PM onwards in which 24 females and 8 males’ contestants participated. Mr. and Mrs. SNA were chosen in the evening followed by dinner.
- The cultural event by Bel-Air College of Nursing started at 9:00 PM with a variety of entertainment in it.
The first day concluded at 11:30 PM.
Friday: October 30th, 2015
- The students participating in the sports competition left to the St. Joseph’s Convent School ground at 6:30 AM. Of the various athletic competitions, 44 students participated in 100 meters consisting of 18 males and 26 females. In Javelin-Throw had 19 females and 16 males totaling to 35 participants. In Discuss-Throw we had 26 females along with 14 males totaling to 40 participants.
- Registration of delegates started at 7:00 AM in the St. Xavier Academic Building.
- 10:30 AM – 10:45 AM: Business session was conducted by the TNAI executive members and they asked the students regarding problems faced by them. Questions were asked by the students and fulfilled answers were given by the TNAI executive members mainly focusing that if we have to bring change, we need to take examples from other profession as related to stipend and we need to change the mentality.
- Donations were given at the Purse-Money session and everyone was informed to keep on checking the websites to get updates.
- The Inaugural session began at 11:00 AM where the Chief Guest: Mr. T. Dileep Kumar (President – Indian Nursing Council) and other dignitaries were welcomed by the Bel-Air College Band.
- Fr. Tomy K (MCBS – Director, Bel-Air Hospital and College of Nursing) gave the welcome address followed by the welcoming of the dignitaries by Mrs. SurekhaSawant (Secretary – TNAI) on behalf of TNAI Maharashtra State Branch.
- Sr. Lourdu Mary (Principal – Bel Air College of Nursing) unfolded the theme of SNA conference:“Clean and Healthy India: Nurses Concern”which mainly focused on good health and importance of good training to have clean and healthy India, extended role of a nurse to reach the unreachable population and practical/pragmatic implementation of knowledge.
- Ms. Meena Patole (State – SNA Advisor) gave us a brief idea about the SNA units all over.
- Of the 35 Nurses recipients of “Florence Nightingale Award – 2015” awarded by President of India, the Maharashtra State TNAI Branch felicitated the two recipients from Maharashtra:
1. Ms. V. M. Raut – Auxiliary Nurse Midwife.
2. Ms. A. A. Nadaf – Lady Health Visitor.
- Mrs. Anita Deodhar (National President – TNAI, New Delhi) emphasized on the role of nurse to focus on clinical practice as well as academics.
- Mrs. Swapna Joshi (President – TNAI, Maharashtra State Branch) highlighted that we are 107 years old fraternity with a strong communication within the members.
- Mrs. Homai N. Modi (Hon. Secretary – Indian Red Cross Society, Maharashtra State Branch) focused on cleanliness in the sense of taking care of the environment and being cognizant of the climatic change.
- Mr. T. Dileep Kumar (President – Indian Nursing Council) addressed the gathering by explaining the different methods of teaching and focused that India is a limelight of nurses. He also accentuated on the “Sustainable Development Goals – SDG” and “Nurse Practitioner” as a future dream in India.
- From 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM a session by Mr. T. Dileep Kumar on topic “Current Scenario and Future of Nursing Profession in India”. He began the session by explaining the current statistics of India in regards to Nurse-Patients ratio as well as Nurses-Doctors ratio and need to more nurses.
- He stressed on creating a Unique Identification Number for Nurses and periodic renewal of licenses which will lead to the more reliable data on nurses in each state, which can in a beneficial way used for future policy development and as well as resource allocations.
- At 4:00 PM: Mrs. Preeta Thomas took a wonderful session on “Personality Development” focusing on “Build wisely – We are the designers of our own life” and profound elucidation on various tips for personality development.
- At 9:00 PM after dinner, “Talent Night” was conducted where 29 SNA Units contested. The second day programme ended at 12:00 Midnight.
Saturday: October 31st, 2015
- The Registration of delegates and Breakfast began at 8:00 AM onwards.
- 9:00 AM: Panel Discussion I organized by Training College of Nursing, IGN, Nagpur on the topic, “Cleanliness”.
- 10:00 AM: Fr. Tomy K (MCBS – Director, Bel-Air Hospital and College of Nursing) spoke on “Career Development” especially related to his personal experiences. His main highlights were:
- Nothing is impossible for those who believe, so belief is the first important thing.
- You are in the best services which you can offer i.e. “Nursing”.
- Passion, Introspection, Respect, Personal Commitment, Non-Discrimination, and being Non-Judgmental are important components for career development.
- Don’t waste your time in complaining and comparing.
- 11:45 AM: Panel Discussion II: RANM Students of Bel-Air College of Nursing. Topic: “Future Nursing Education and Changes Needed”. The focus was on that students should ask more questions, use of technology for nursing education, quality of service as well as importance of research in ANM.
- 12:25 PM: Scientific Paper Presentation was done by students of three colleges.
1. To assess the knowledge and attitudes of adult population regarding environmental sanitation in a selected urban community, by a student of Mumbai. LTC College.
2. Awareness of trained nurses working at BDBA and HBMG Hospital regarding cleanliness of clinical area by a student of BhagwatiMunicipal General Hospital.
3. Awareness, attitude and practices regarding household waste management among housewives residing in selected area of Pune. By a student of Symbiosis College, Pune.
- 3:15 PM – 3:30 PM: Conference Resume – Minutes by Secretary: Ms. Susan Johnson read out minutes to the attending audience.
- 3:30 PM – 3:40 PM: Delegates Response& Address by Guest of Honor – Mrs. Jyotsna Pandit (Former President TNAI, Maharashtra) and attending delegates were exceptionally impressed with the accommodation, food, minute attention to details for every program, on time execution planned program, discipline and above all Fr. Tomy K and Sr. Lourdu Mary commitment and dedication.
- 3:40 PM – 4:20 PM: Prize Distribution: Mrs. Jyotsna Pandit and Mrs. Laxmi Karadkar (President – Panchgani Hill Station Municipal Council) together distributed the prizes to all the winners in each category.
- 4:20 PM – 4:30 PM: Address by Guest of Honor: Mrs. Laxmi Karadkar (President – Panchgani Hill Station Municipal Council) thanked all the delegates for attending the XXVI SNA Biennial Conference and TNAI for choosing Panchgani as venue for the conference.
- 4:30 PM – 4:45 PM: Mrs. Meena Patole (State S.N.A Advisor, TNAI, Maharashtra State Branch) thanked everyone for attending the conference along with the host Bel-Air College of Nursing for providing a pristine environment and location i.e. Panchgani for XXVI SNA Biennial Conference 2015.
Result S.N.A competitions held in the year 2014-15
|Case Study Competition|
|1st – Ms. Aparna V. Mhatre||Bhagwati Hospital, Mumbai|
|2nd – Ms. Kency Marium Chandy||L.T. college of Mg, Mumbai|
|3rd – Ms. Amruta Sakpal||L.T.M.G. Hospital, Mumbai|
|English Essay Competition|
|1st Ms. Selva Tito Robert||Fortis Institute of Nursing, Bhandup|
|2nd Ms. Shevin Sunny||Bombay Hospital ,Mumbai|
|3rd Ms. Preeti Samuel Sare||ST. Andheri College of Nursing, Pune|
|Marathi Essay Competition|
|1st Ms. Varsha Shinde||Bhagwati Hospital, Mumbai|
|2nd Ms. Priti Jadhav||K.J Somayya Hospital, Sion Mumbai|
|3rd Ms. Sonali Magar||M.K.SSSB.T Institute, Pune|
|A.N.M. essay Competition|
|1st Ms. Pranita Prakash Kumbhare||I.N.T.C.N (Sawangi) (Meghe), Wardha|
|Painting Competitions (first year)|
|1st Ms. Pooja Bhosale||Bakul Tamsal I.N.E, Pune|
|2nd Ms. Shreya Sarde||Symbiosis College of Nursing, Pune|
|3rd Ms. Snehlata Pimpalse||Bhagwati Hospital, Mumbai.|
S.N.A. Competitions Prizes
|1st Prize||L.T. college of Nursing|
|2nd Prize||Bhakti Vedant Hospital School of Nursing|
|3rd Prize||L.T.M.G. Hospital, Sion|
|Scientific Paper Presentation|
|1st Prize||L.T College of Nursing|
|2nd Prize||Bhagwati Hospital (H.B.M.G. Hospital)|
|3rd Prize||Symbiosis college of Nursing, Pune|
Academic Prizes as per RGNM MNC Examination Results – 2015
|1st year Ms. Kumbhar Lalita Sanjay||General Hospital, Sangali|
|2nd year Ms Bhalerao Kaveri Balaji||General Hospital, Parbhani|
|3rd year Ms Pawar Kajal Dattatray||Anand medical foundation|