Report of “Neonatal Skincare Evidence Based Clinical Practice Guide”
Venue : Seva Mandal Education Society’s College of Nursing
A V Aid Room, 3rd Floor,
Date : 29th September 2018
Total Participates attended: 57
Introduction: Appropriate care of the skin of the newborn, like other aspects of neonatal health, is an issue that cannot be taken for granted. As we are aware, the neonate has a delicate skin that requires safe and vigilant handling. So we consider publication of the guidelines on Skin Care in Indian context in line with proper upkeep of the health of the newborn.
Goal: to optimize neo-natal skin integrity through the provision of nursing care based on scientific principles and empiric evidence.
- Assess the neonate’s skin condition.
- Identify neonates who are or may be at risk for alterations in skin integrity.
- Recognize environmental and treatment-related agents that may alter neonatal skin integrity.
- Implement interventions to promote and protect optimal skin function for low-and high-risk neonates.
- Support normal skin development.
- Minimize the potential for future skin sensitization.
Consider above scenario workshop was arranged. Inauguration of workshop was done by Mrs. Surekha Sawant, President TNAI, Maharashtra State Branch, Mrs. S. Vatchala Dhinakaran, Assistant Secretary- General, TNAI, Mrs. Swapna Joishi, Nursing Superintendent, Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai and Ex-president TNAI, Maharashtra State Branch and Ms. Prachi Dharap, Secretary, Maharashtra State Branch, TNAI. Mrs. S. Vatchala Dhinakaran gave inspiring orientation about TNAI.