Report of Training of Trainers (TOT) on
“Neonatal Skincare Evidence Based Clinical Practice Guide”
Introduction: Appropriate care of the skin of the newborn, like other aspects of neonatal health, is an issue that cannot be taken for granted. As we are aware, the neonate has a delicate skin that requires safe and vigilant handling. So we consider publication of the guidelines on Skin Care in Indian context in line with proper upkeep of the health of the newborn.
Goal: to optimize neo-natal skin integrity through the provision of nursing care based on scientific principles and empiric evidence.
- Assess the neonate’s skin condition.
- Identify neonates who are or may be at risk for alterations in skin integrity.
- Recognize environmental and treatment-related agents that may alter neonatal skin integrity.
- Implement interventions to promote and protect optimal skin function for low-and high-risk neonates.
- Support normal skin development.
- Minimize the potential for future skin sensitization.
Date: 26th June, 2018 & 27th June, 2018
Venue: TNAI’s Central Institute of Nursing and Research Centre, Plot No 37, Knowledge park III, Greater Noida, UP.
All eminent speakers as :
- Mrs. Sanghamitra Sawant
- Dr. AshaShetty
- Dr. LathaVenkatesan
- Mrs. VatchalaDhinakaran
- Mrs. Shrinithya
Focused on Topics:
- Newborn skin assessment
- Bathing, including first bath, routine bathing, and immersion bathing
- Umbilical cord care
- Circumcision care
- Diaper dermatitis and diaper wipes
- Medical adhesives
- Transepidermal water loss ( TEWL)
- Skin breakdown
- Intravenous (IV) extravasation
Participants: 12 participants from 6 states had attended this TOT Programme.
From Maharashtra state branch 1) Mrs. Prachi Dharap – Secretary, TNAI Maharashtra State Branch 2) Mrs. Shilpa Shettigar – Education Chair person, TNAI Maharashtra State Branch had attended this TOT.
It is expected from trainers to arrange Neonatal Skin Care Programme as a TOT for preparing next level of teachers cadre.
To train the staff nurses working in clinical area for providing better quality care for newborn.