Report on Disaster Management
Trained Nurses Association of India in collaboration with Disaster Management Department, MCGM organized a workshop on “Disaster Management & Hospital Preparedness.”
Participants will be able to manage the disasters through proper hospital preparedness thus reducing the mortality & morbidity
- Develop concepts related to disasters,
- Comprehend the concept of activation of HDMP (hospital disaster management plan) & nurses role in it.
- Develop various competencies as how to transport mass casualties, CPCR, use of fire extinguishers, modified slings & bandages, etc. required to manage disasters.
- Able to prioritize the care through Triage & tagging, early transportation & treatment.
- Able to identify various types of casualties by understanding disaster epidemiology & thus able to activate nursing services accordingly.
- Understand the hospital evacuation planning process & the role of nurses in it.
- Causes of fire in operation theatre & activation of fire safety measures.
- Understand fire & fire safety at the hospital & activation of necessary actions accordingly.
- Understand how to conduct mock drills.