International Women’s Day Celebration
TNAI and SNA units of Maharashtra state branch organized program based on WHO ( World Health Organization ) designated 2020 year as the year of the Nurse and the Midwife, in the honor of 200th birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale, the pioneer of modern nursing. On the occasion of the International Women’s day Celebration awareness and Screening for breast and cervical cancer program was conducted on 02/03/2020 and 09/03/2020 as per Maharashtra Nursing Council guidelines.
Theme: Nurses Connect for women’s Health: Let’s come together for the fight against breast and cervical cancer.
Aim of the program: To make the group aware of risk factors, causes, types, signs and symptoms, management and prevention of breast and cervical cancer and to carry out breast self-examination.
Dayanand School of nursing along with Dayanand hospital and Anmol Jivan Sikshan Kendra
On the occasion of international women’s day, Dayanand School of nursing along with Dayanand hospital and Anmol Jivan Sikshan Kendra organized various awareness programs and health check-ups for women of our nearby villages. The theme for the day was “Healthy women, Healthy Nation”.
The following activities were conducted on this day:
- Street play on the district legal services Authority and all the schemes available for tribal.
- A session on cervical and Breast cancer.
- A puppet show on healthy food practices.
- Talk on the right to food.
- Out of 210 women, 171 women were screened for early detection of cervical and breast cancer by a team of doctors from Kailas Cancer Hospital, Baroda.
- An exhibition on cancer was put up by the students.
Besides the chief guests and other 3 representatives from district women and child development, Palghar were present, other representatives from 5 NGOs also were present to support the women-the wealth of the nation.